Saturday, 11 July 2026

Book Review ⋆˚ʚɞ


Book: Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brönte

Star rating: ★★★★★

This novel feels timeless not because of it's age, but because of how deeply the protagonist, Jane Eyre understands what it means to be human. 

The novel follows Jane from a lonely and difficult childhood to adulthood, following her search for love, independence, and a place where she truly belongs. What could have been a simple romance instead becomes a profound exploration of identity and morality.

Jane is one of literature's most remarkable heroines. She is thoughtful, courageous, relatable and unwilling to compromise her principles. When I read the book I multiple times could easily recognise myself in Jane. Furthermore her relationship with Mr. Rochester is also something I find compelling not because it is perfect, but because it challenges both of the characters to confront themselves.

Even after it's publication more than 175 years ago, it remains astonishingly modern in its portrayal of a woman determined to define her own life on her own terms. I would definetly recommend this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghosts, Portraits, and the Fear of Being Forgotten 𓇢𓆸

 There are few places in the wizarding world where death feels final. The corridors of Hogwarts are filled with those who have, in one form ...